Sunday, July 21, 2013

Dread painting

So I changed my mind.


I started this afternoon on the arm.  Yes, I said I would use an airbrush, but I decided that the mess wasn't worth it and just started painting.  As you can tell from the picture, i started with a white base coat.  The reasoning for this is that white makes my red stand out and gives me a better idea if I've missed a spot.  Granted, if you miss something you have to go back and get it, since having a bunch of white spots on your model is annoying.  This is also a feather in a black base coat's cap since you can't see where you've missed with black.


From there we use the Eshin Grey to coat all the metal parts of the dread.  Again, some debate on whether it's better to coat the whole model, but for this one I wanted to only have the grey undercoat on the metal parts of the model.


And apply the first coat of red.  It's really bright right now, but with a wash of blue it'll darken right to where we want it.

-Cj

No comments:

Post a Comment