Tuesday, July 22, 2014

What a Year

I hadn't realized how long it's been since I posted on here.  Life's been really crazy this year.  Early on in the year, we found out we were expecting and I spent the first 3 months of 2014 wondering what the heck I had gotten myself into.  Eventually my panic and depression gave way to optimism and hope, and in two months our baby girl is expected to arrive!

I've thought a lot about how this is going to affect our lives.  The first year of my daughters life is going to be filled with me attending school and missing out on a lot of important events.  It saddens me to think that I will miss her first word, her first step, and a multitude of other firsts.  But there is a trade off there, one that I can't avoid.  Either I put the time into school, to get a better life for our family, or stay for those moments.  But I can't help but feel some level of sadness at the thought that I will not be very involved for a while.

Thoughts from there start turning to the lack of time for hobbies, gaming, and everything else I like to do.  Those actives are distractions in our lives, sure, but they are still a part of who I am.  I have several projects however that I can maintain for the time being, things to keep me distracted.  Even in the midst of a busy schedule, you still find time to painting and game.  One of my cooler purchases this past year was an Elgato Game Capture HD device that I am intent on using to produce videos and content from new and old video games.  I'll link to those Youtube videos once I get a good collection up.

I'll leave you with this painting of a Space Marine Captain, one of the limited edition releases for now.  The few white spots on his armor have been touched up since this photograph was taken, and he has now become my official showpiece.  Besides, this is my hobby blog after all, 

-Cj

No comments:

Post a Comment