Friday, August 22, 2014

Weapon placement on models

Well, I messed up my Land Raider.


When you play with vehicles, you measure from the barrel of the weapon for distance to target.  If the target is within the max range of the weapon, then you get to fire at it.  While making the vehicle, I followed the instructions that have you set the turret in the back window slot on the side, without realizing that you could put it in the front bay as well.  Since I was going with the heavy flamer variant, this means I've lost two inches from my frontal range due to the weapon being placed two inches farther back on the hull.

Honestly, it could make a difference if/when I play.However by moving it back you gain additional coverage along your side.  Since the weapon has a 45 degree arc this means that models approaching from the side will be flamed before they can get close.

One other thought, since I wanted to run the Centurion setup, it probably would have been better to set up the Hurricane bolter variant since the tank will be staying a ways away from danger, lessening the impact of the heavy flamer.  Since I've already set up a turret, it's off to ebay to see if I can't find someone selling spare side turrets.
-Cj

No comments:

Post a Comment